Saturday, July 24, 2010

Thurs and Fri

Thursday, Smidget and I just hung around and didn't do too much. We had already made plans to go with Jamie Lou and Dada to the drive-in movies to see Toy Story 3 and Prince of Persia. We played in the bathtub, played catch, and otherwise were monsters all day until around 7 when we decided it would be a good time to throw everything into the car and go pick up Jamie Lou and go to the drive-in. Dada met us there and we watched Toy Story 3. Then, Smidget and Dada decided it was a good idea to sleep (and snore) through Prince of Persia. Jamie Lou and I watched and hung out and laughed about how silly the boys were :D

Friday, we woke up pretty early and Dada came home from work at 10am after a 30 hour shift. We played with Dada for a few minutes and then got ready to go to the pool with Jamie Lou and Margot and we played there for THREE hours! Mama and Smidget got a little pink, but its faded out today. We splashed and had a good time.

Smidget is trying to SWIM! He crawls around in the kiddy pool and puts his legs out behind him and kicks while pulling himself with his hands. He doesn't get the concept of floating yet. I am getting tempted to get him a little floaty bathing suit. The life-vests dont really work for him. He doesn't like that much STUFF up around his face. So, the bathing suit would work great, I think. I just don't know if our pool allows them, ya know? But he puts his face in and blows bubbles and isn't afraid of dunking. he REALLY wants to do it by himself, but doesn't know how to float yet. I think I'm going to put him in swimming classes ($35) next summer and see how he does. He's still a little too young for me to be comfy this year. He's only now getting the idea of real SWIMMING. I don't want to pay $35 for him to learn to be comfy in the water. I can (and have) done that by myself. So, I'm going to talk to other mamas who have put their toddlers into the swim classes and see how much real swimming they learned versus just basic "don't be afraid" and "kick your legs." Dada can teach him form and together we can cover the kicking the legs and don't be afraid stuff for free. Hell, the kid is in the water at least 3x a day. He demands 2 baths a day when we're home and usually goes to either the pool on base, the splash park, or plays in his pool here. He's pretty much a fish. A really handsome fish. He even makes fishy faces.

Afterward, we went to a party at the Snider's house with Dada and I got to offend someone by "molesting" my son---I was nursing (covered) in front of her and she's offended by breastfeeding after 8 months. that was 6 months ago for us and I'm not going to stop because some tacky woman with velcroed-in hair is offended. I'm not MOLESTING my child, wench! You're the one obsessed with boobs being sexual! To me they are just really pretty milk jugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment