Today Smidget was not really interested in napping.
He took a short little nap this morning and then woke up and played and played and had a great time. We took him out back and let him splash in his pool while we all watched and admired him.
When it came time for his second nap (since his first was short) I got him down and then came into the living room. About an hour later, he started fussing. Hubby went into his room and stood in the doorway and as soon as Smidget saw him apparently just seeing his Dada was enough comfort, so he rolled back over and went straight back to sleep. AMAZING!!!
Then we made him dinner. He was a MESS during dinner. I'll post pictures soon, but suffice it to say he had a plate with mac n cheese and green bean casserole on it and he practiced using his spoon, but wound up just eating it with his bare hands and getting sauce ALL over him. He had noodles stuck to his chest and green bean goop all the way up to his elbows when he decided to lift up his plate and eat off of it mid-air. He turned his plate UPSIDE DOWN over his face and started snarfing on it face-first into it. When he pulled it down he had mac n cheese on his forehead and green beans under his eyes. It was SOOO messy but super duper cute. I got lots of good pictures of it!!! Bushka and I were just cracking up watching him eat----he sure was enjoying it. He ate 75% of what I gave him and then still ate several bites of the steak I had and a little nub of an ear of corn I had leftover on my plate. He was a HUNGRY man today.
Tomorrow---San Diego Zoo, Coronado Island BEACH, and a trip to Holiday Inn for a field-trip with Big Dada and Bushka.
Thursday---A trip to Santa Maria to look up Karen's old house from her childhood and maybe a trip to the Santa Monica Pier. Then back here that evening/night after a trip to a winery on our way home :D Possibly stopping in to see Margot and Derek to say hello on our way to 29 palms too.
Friday---vegetate on the couch :D
Saturday---GRAND CANYON It'll be Smidget AND Big Dada's first trip!
Sunday---breakfast in Arizona, then driving back just in time to make it to church on Sunday. Then dinner here and relaxing that evening and helping them pack up to head home Monday morning. So sad to see them go, but SO much fun stuff to do between now and then!
Sounds like a jam-packed schedule...have so much fun!!
ReplyDeleteSD was a blast---although the winery was a bust.
ReplyDeleteTomorrow we're going to the pool on base, replacing the fan in my dining room, and then grilling out and then going to the drive-in to see Grown Ups (the new Adam Sandler movie) and the A-Team (if I can stay awake that long :D).
Then Saturday I think we head for the Grand Canyon.
Oh, and your sister doesn't follow me, but she wants me to follow her new baby-blog.
ReplyDelete