Are finally in town!
And it melts my heart to watch them get to know their grandson. He shows off for them and is showing them ALL of his tricks while learning some new ones. He's walking non-stop and chattering away and playing ball with Babushka and Big Daddy constantly. They're sooo impressed. Its amazing to see the love on their faces and the joy when they see all the awesome stuff he can do.
He's learning new tricks and new words every day and its nice that during these few days when walking is brand-new that they are here to witness his toddling steps and his silly grins.
Tomorrow---we're just hanging around the house and maybe going for a swim!
I can't wait to see them together tomorrow! Its SO exciting to have someone here who loves the Smidget as much as I do---not that Hubby doesn't love him, but some of his emotional issues are preventing him from being as open and enthusiastic about it. He doesn't seem excited or get those over-the-top emotions the way Bushka and Big Dada or even Jenny do. Its nice to see someone else who gasps when he learns something new and cheers when he masters something and jumps up and down for no reason at all other than that the Smidget grinned at them.
Its SO exciting. And totally fulfilling to see them love him as much as I do!
That's awesome!! I'm so glad you guys are having a good time...sometimes being around your family (or even your surrogate family) is just the best thing ever.
ReplyDeleteAnd then sometimes they drive you bat sh*t crazy.
But seems like you are getting the good part of the deal! I cannot freaking wait to see you and Ax, and see him walk around! BAH!
AJs mom has helped a lot with our issues. She now knows most of what's going on and agrees with me on what the CAUSE of the problem is and is helping me find ways of reacting to it in a way that doesn't make the situation worse.
ReplyDeleteOh, and Ax is a mad-man. Absolutely wild. :D
ReplyDeleteAnd tickets to see you are $350 from PSP to RDU on American Airlines, but I have to pay an extra $50 for my suitcase (so I can check a bag).
But, Southwest has tickets from Las Vegas to RDU for $350 with no baggage fees AND one of the flights is non-stop, which would make my life SO much easier. Plus, there is no baggage fee.
Oh, and I won't be bringing Bruiser (can't deal with carry-on, baby, diaper bag, carseat, stroller, checked bag, AND a dog---even if he takes the place of my carry on, he's a lot more work and Ax would FREAK trying to get to him to play with him)
Well, it doesn't matter to me which you fly--as long as they get you here ;) I just thought PSP would be a lot easier for you to get to. I want an update on what you guys have been up to--saw the pics from San Diego and they were so cute. Love you!
ReplyDelete