So, I decided to begin weaning Smidget 21 days ago. Since then, we've gone from 10+ feedings a day down to ONE.
You heard me. He's about a week ahead of schedule---for the last two nights he has not asked to nurse in the middle of the night. He wakes, but is easily comforted down to sleep.
And, I went a whole 23 hours without nursing WITHOUT GETTING ENGORGED!!! AMAZING!!!
He now only nurses between 8:30pm and 9:00pm give or take 1/2 hour based on his crankiness and what time I put him to bed as a result. Today he didn't get much of a nap, so I put him to bed about 10 minutes early.
I think I'm going to keep him at this level for at least a week before trying to stop completely. I want my supply TOTALLY evened out before I try to stop because the pain is HORRIBLE if I don't. This isn't because I don't think he's ready---its because my boobs might die. Totally selfish reasons.
Oh, and we have cut TWO teeth since we started weaning. The previous two before that he refused all solid food and ONLY nursed 24/7 for five days. This time, he eats like a pig and naps like its his job. Didn't use any Tylenol on him either.
I feel like an amazing mama :D
But, in reality, I just have an amazing kiddo.
No comments:
Post a Comment