Friday, September 10, 2010

Serious Weaning Day 2

Day 1 went well---I was at home and denied him access except when he was going down for his naps/bedtime.

Night time did not go so well :/ He didn't sleep well at all, possibly because I let him nap at 4:30pm.

Day 2 went okay. He did well all day because we were out. He only napped 30 minutes all day (went down without a boob) and then when we got home I nursed him to try to get him back down at 2pm and he didn't go. He nursed again after dinner (he didn't eat much dinner, I think because of his teeth). then nursed when he went to sleep.

Night time worked better because he was tired but not OVER tired and he slept pretty well. He woke up at 3am and came into our bedroom (walked all by himself :D) and he slept with me from 3am-8am. He nursed when he first came to our bed and then when he woke up. I slept topless last night, so he had access while I was sleeping, but I slept on my stomach. It was just hard to deny him his wake-up feeding because I was topless---so tonight I've gotta sleep in a sports bra or tee shirt I guess.

On to day 3. (Will update as I go---to keep myself accountable)
So far, nursed at 8:15am when he woke up.

Oh, and now he says Babusa (babushka/grandma), Wubbzy, and Widget (from Wow Wow Wubbzy). He also said Princess once because the unicorn on Wubbzy was named Princess :D

1 comment:

  1. Why didn't you mention this the last time we talked? Good luck buddy--I'll be thinking about you. I know it's not going to be an easy process but I think it will be what's best for both of you (and especially your mental sanity--you need more time for yourself--you deserve it!).

    Love you, call me if you want to talk about it :)

    ReplyDelete