Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Potty Training WIN!

Smidget is 15 months old.

Last night I went to put him to bed at 8:30 and had him ALMOST there when my hubby walked past his door in order to go to the bathroom. As soon as my son heard the bathroom door he was OFF and chasing Dada.

My hubby was taking a sit-down and my son went up to him and sat across from him on his little potty (clothes and all). So, we took off his jammie shorts and let him sit on the potty.

AND HE POOPED!!! He asked to go potty and he POOPED!

It was the first time he willingly pooped on the potty!

Then, today, I was bathing him around 7pm to get him ready for bed and he stood up and made mad faces, so I let him out of the tub. He walked around for a minute or two and then came back to the bathroom where I was drying my floors/walls/toilet/etc after his bath and then made a mad face and farted. So I asked him if he needed to potty. he said "yeah" and sat.

AND HE POOPED AGAIN!

I wiped him and he climbed back into the tub again (apparently it was just a potty break) and played for a minute before climbing out again and crying because I was blocking him from his potty. I put him back on and...

HE POOPED AGAIN!

So in 24 hours he asked to go poopy in the potty THREE TIMES!

My 15 month old poops on the potty.
I love it!
Now if I can get him to wake up before peeing we'd be 2/3 of the way to potty training! He has daytime accidents, but not many at all. But he does wear a diaper full time when we're out because he's not vocal enough to ask to potty before he needs to. When we're home he'll go if I ask him if he needs to or just put him on it.

We're getting there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment