Friday, February 11, 2011

Monster Baby!!!


SOMEBODY let Mama sleep in til 9, even though he got up around 7, shortly after Dada wen to work---
I thought I heard him get out of bed and I listened but didn't hear anything else.
So I figured he just rolled-over and went back to sleep.

I NEVER HEARD ANOTHER PEEP AFTER THAT!!!
So, I rolled over and dozed off listening for him to get up.

Ax was perfectly happy being up with no one to entertain him and no TV----
BUT, when Mama sleeps in, SOMEONE has to feed the baby.

So he got a chair and used it as a stool to climb up to the kitchen table.
He pulled down the box of donuts Mama had up there.
He pulled out ALL 3 of the glazed donuts and grabbed a frosting-covered cake donut.
He proceeded to eat the cake donut, but wasn't quite satisifed.
So he ate 1 of the glazed donuts too.

Surprisingly he didn't get into much trouble---
He used the chair to climb into the pantry and find the foil-wrapped bullion cubes;
the cubes must have looked like candy to him because he tried one
and hated it---so he left the whole jar on the floor and abandoned
the pantry for greener pastures.

He also rolled in Mama's clean pile of laundry on the couch.

And stood in his socks in the dog-bowl until his socks were sopping wet.

All-in-all, Mama couldn't even pretend to be mad. I just laughed and laughed as I cleaned up donut crumbs.
Maybe I was just in a great mood from all that extra sleep I got???
Or maybe he was just so damn cute I couldn't resist?

Also---when Dada got home, he was given a stern talking to about making sure the baby gate is properly latched
when he leaves for work so that Mama doesn't have to worry about any Smidgets getting into trouble
with his silent ninja-assassin ways when Mama is tired.

Plus, he was shockingly good all day today!!! Never got fussy at all.
He even WENT POTTY AGAIN!!!

He seems to go once or twice a day on his own without prompting and will go another 1-2 times when prompted too.
Not a bad start for a 20 month old at all. He'd be a lot further if we hadn't gone through a 5 month potty-strike
as a result of Mama weaning the Smidget. As soon as I started the weaning process and denying him
he started refusing to go potty. He just suddenly went back to it one day after his bath---
He was running around naked air-drying his bum before bedtime and just went over to the potty
and sat for a minute. Then I heard a little splash and he grinned at me and cheered for himself.
I was totally impressed and we did "The Potty Dance" and cheered and clapped and I gave him a candy.
And he's gone at least once a day on his own ever since.

Sometimes you just have to let them decide.
Now he argues if you try to put his diaper on and runs.
Maybe he'll figure out training underwear aren't diapers and stay dry in them soon?

For now, we just take off his dipe and encourage him to pee as much as possible :D
Pants are optional for toddlers when they're in their own home, right?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment