Today at Mass, Smidget decided the be Mr Independent. Every time I let him go, he'd drop to all fours and crawl into the center aisle and laugh at me while I tried to inconspicuously snatch him back---good thing we were the only ones on our pew! Then, he decided to crawl into the pew behind us to visit with one of the parishioners who is always loving on him.
We also got to talk to his self-proclaimed honorary grandparents (they claimed him when he was only a few weeks old). They remarked on his being so grown up and handsome and got down to play with him and cooed at him just like his real grandparents. Its nice to have them around, even if we do mostly just see them on Sundays. They are the reason I've missed going to Sunday morning services so much! That, and the donuts are fresher.
Speaking of which---Smidget enjoyed a donut while sitting on his Dada's shoulders after Mass. Then proceeded to crush the remnants into his hair. Good thing we were headed straight for the pool, huh?
I bought Smidget an umbrella stroller today. I've been meaning to do it for while, but I found one at a friend's yard-sale for only $5 and it was literally brand spanking new! PERFECT! It will come in really handy when we go to Vegas in August to pick up Smidget's Aunt K and Uncle S. Hard to travel with a big stroller and luggage in one trunk! I still love my jogging stroller, but I need to get an inner tube for it!!! I busted it last time we went to the Wild Animal Park in San Diego.
Okay---here I am thinking of what adorable things Smidget did today. I mean, he's adorable every day, but what stands out?
Oh, he got another birthday present! Two actually.
First was from Jamie---she got him an awesome T-ball set. he can't quite play with it properly yet, but he enjoys banging the plastic bat against our shins and the couch :D And the balls fit perfectly under the couch for him to get mad when he pushes them too far and can't get them out himself :D
Second---when I took several huge slices of leftover birthday cake to my neighbors (3 slices to Roger, Hideko, and Kat and 2 slices to Dave and his wife), Dave called me into his back yard and offered up this really adorable pretend play yard toy hand-me-down from his granddaughter that is a little mini farm house toy complete with a real garden---with rubber veggies that fit perfectly into their holes for you to plant and harvest---cute huh? Smidget thought it was pretty awesome! Can't wait to get him out there tomorrow and let him go nuts!
And we have at least 3 riding toys that need to be assembled for him now. We just need to get him a slide and he'll be all set. My mom is sending me $20 to go get him a Step-2 tree-swing to put in our willow tree out back. This yard is going to be baby-city :D
Oh, and Mr Streaker Baby made an appearance tonight as usual and he and Dada actually passed out snuggling on the couch with Smidget's feet elevated on the back of the couch and his head hanging off the front while Dada laid comfortably in a normal position on the couch under him. Too funny! I actually managed to get a diaper on him and carry him to bed and tuck him in without so much as a peep! I guess church, yard sales, and the pool as well as playing with his new toys and leftover party balloons wore him out!
PS---Jenny, I hope you're enjoying this :D
I am enjoying it! I would like pics too though :) I haven't read the first entry yet because it's really long...but I will! Love you and bubba!
ReplyDeleteI didn't see your comment until just now.
ReplyDeleteToday's post is really long too, haha. I'll try to keep them short, but I couldn't help it. I'm long winded ;)
I love you too! I'll try to include some pictures. I'm trying not to make the blog about me or hubby or anyone else, just him. Keep me in line on that :D
I promise I'll post pics with tomorrow's post ;D