Every day of my life is an adventure. From the morning wake-up to the last sigh as he gives himself up for sleep, my little Smidget keeps me guessing. He's a sweet man with a taste for mischief and a big ol' heart full of love. You'll fall in love with him too, if you're not careful!
Friday, May 6, 2011
Because you were Born... 5/6/11
I am so glad that you were born, because my world is lighter, brighter, and more full of joy than I could ever imagine, all because you are in my life. I've had two losses: one at 12 weeks and one at 15 weeks, but you were my miracle. Almost two years ago, you were born at just shy of 10lbs, as though you didn't want your Mama to have a moment's doubt that you were healthy. Even now, every single time I look at you, my breath catches in my chest. Every single time you hug me, it is physically painful because my chest constricts in joy and love. I can see the world through a child's eyes again and see the innocence and beauty in everything because of you. I see your amazement in a flower or chasing ants into their hole and realize that my world has not grown by only one person, but by all the beautiful and amazing things you see. And I see the fun in simple things again; I race through parking lots squealing and pushing you at light speed in a cart or dance with a sheet over my head and play on playgrounds like I haven't done since I was a child, simply because you grasp my finger and say "Mama, go!" You at once made me the most grown of grownups and the most fun-loving of children. Because of you, I am more than a mother; I am whole.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment