So I decided to share THREE pictures today. Yesterday I discovered that I am, indeed, pregnant. I had no idea that I was. In fact, I'd almost give up hope after 9 months of trying. I figured that there was NO way it would happen given that the timing was off for us and we were stressed about money, traveling cross country, being guests in first my mom's house and then my husband's family's house, and trying to get everything packed and ready to go. I figured NO way. But, I paid attention to ovulation and really wanted to be---so much so that I took a pregnancy test on Christmas day, even though I hadn't even ovulated yet, hoping against hope that I would be pregnant.
Well, I didn't find out I was pregnant on Christmas morning, but I did get something on Christmas day that is more precious to me than any gift I have ever received... I just didn't know it until yesterday when I was pressured into peeing on a test just because I have become obsessed with doing so and several of my friends are equally obsessed. So, I said "yeah, right. I'll do it just to show you."
And lo and behold! A line! It was so faint I didn't trust it. It was on a Dollar Store test and I've convinced myself that they're the devil because I've seen lines on them a bunch and never been pregnant at the time. So, I took out a First Response test and dipped it and got more faint lines. First Response does NOT lie.
So, what do I do? I obsess about those faint lines and count the hours until I could test again. So, first thing this morning I took another First Response test. I got two BEAUTIFUL lines on that test!!! So, I dug out the digital test that I'd secretly purchased and VOILA---about 60 seconds later I saw something beautiful. So, since I've never used a digital test, it was a bit of a shock to see "pregnant" light up the screen and not have to squint at anything and pray, haha.
I swear I jumped up and down and screamed and LAUNCHED myself at my husband dancing. He laughed at me saying "didn't you already know you were pregnant?"---well, of course I did...but it doesn't hurt to see it again and again considering that I have basically no definite symptoms.
So far all I'm really feeling are a lot of fatigue, bloody nose (I got this with Ax too), peeing like its my job, some mild cramping, sensitive tummy (but no nausea, thank God! I had enough of that with The Smidget!). So while I have lots of symptoms, its nothing that I'd put my finger on and say "I'm PREGNANT" if I hadn't taken a test to prove it to myself.
All I know is that there is a baby in my belly and I hope he or she stays there for a nice long 32+ more weeks.

No comments:
Post a Comment